Tourism Brantford has been a supporter of the Brantford Sports Council for several years.
DID YOU KNOW
- Brantford is the home town of legendary hockey player Wayne Gretzky.
- The most famous hockey dad “Walter Gretzky” lived in Brantford until he passed away in March 2021. He was appointed the “Lord Mayor of the City of Brantford” in 2008.
- Brantford was officially declared “The Tournament Capital of Ontario” in 1998.
- Brantford holds the Guinness World Record for the largest street hockey tournament “Walter Gretzky Street Hockey Tournament in 2010.
- Brantford boasts 70km of the Trans Canada trails system to bike, hike or run.
- The beautiful Grand River, a designated Canadian Heritage River, runs through the City of Brantford.
- Brantford is nicknamed “The Telephone City. It was here in 1874 that Alexander Graham Bell discovered the principle of which his most famous invention, the telephone, would work.
- The world’s first long distance telephone call was executed from Brantford in 1876.
For more information, please visit their Website