“Sport has the power to change the world…it has the power to inspire. It has the power to unite people in a way that little else does. It speaks to youth in a language they understand. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair. It is more powerful than government in breaking down racial barriers.” ~ Nelson Mandela
WHO WE ARE – The Brantford Sports Council is a collaboration of sport organizations that work cooperatively to provide a collective voice for the ongoing development, education and promotion of the benefits of sport in our community.
OUR MISSION – The Brantford Sports Council works to build quality community sport, recreation and physical activity with our youth sports groups and other collaborative relationships.
- Bringing people together through sport, recreation and physical activity will build communities.
- Being active builds healthy communities.
- Equal access for all to sport and recreation provides opportunities.
- Volunteers are key to community sport.
- Partnerships make sport stronger.