WHO WE ARE – The Brantford Sports Council is a collaboration of sport organizations that work cooperatively to provide a collective voice for the ongoing development, education and promotion of the benefits of sport in our community.
OUR MISSION – The Brantford Sports Council works to build quality community sport, recreation and physical activity with our youth sports groups and other collaborative relationships.
- Promoting the availability and benefit of sports.
- Advocating for equitable sport opportunities and youth engagement.
- Providing opportunities for integrated program development.
- Encouraging communication and co-operation among individuals, organizations and sectors.
- Celebrating sport achievements and the value of volunteers.
- Identifying alternative sources of funding in support of youth sport development.
- Providing oversight and assistance to the municipality on sport and tourism related issues.
- Continue to work on maximizing resources while eliminating duplication.