Brantford Sports Council Questionnaire
1. Why did you choose to run in this election?
As a trusted leader, unflinching community advocate and dedicated volunteer in Brantford, this life of public service has chosen me.
2. How would you describe yourself to the voters?
Hard working, selfless, loyal, compassionate, team values, exceptional listener, cares deeply for others.
3. What would you like the voters to know about you?
Proud father and happy husband. Professional musician and music educator of 30 years. First time political candidate. I believe in public consultation, transparency in decision making, and have no special interests in my desire to sit on Brantford city council.
4. What is your number one priority if you are elected?
Restoring public confidence in their elected Ward 5 councillor by voting MACDOUGALL.
5. If elected, what are 3 steps that you would take to ensure our community is on a firm financial footing?
Investing in infrastructure, public transportation and solutions to homelessness and geared to income housing challenges.
6. If someone came up to you with a proposal to build a new public infrastructure in our city (i.e. bridge, road, facility, park etc.), how would you evaluate whether the project was worth implementing?
Consulting, evaluating and balancing Brantford’s infrastructure needs vs. wants.
7. If you received a $1 million grant to use for the city any way you wanted, what would you do with the funds?
Earmark $1.0M grant funding only following a thoughtful public consultation, debate and decision from there.
8. Where are your favourite places to spend time in your neighbourhood and in the community?
Mohawk Park, Downtown Core, Farmer’s Market, Ward 5, etc..
9. The Pandemic has been with us for the past three years and no one has been left untouched, what are the 3 key things you would do to overcome the impact of the Pandemic as we move forward in 2023 and 2024?
Housing, physical and mental health, jobs and training.