We are pleased to announce that the 18th annual Brantford Sports Council Awards & Recognition Program will be held on Saturday April 6 at the Laurier Research and Academic Centre West, 150 Dalhousie St. from 11:00am to 1:00pm.
The overall objectives are to continue to have all our Members and Community Partners participate and provide a greater involvement for the youth in our community while promoting the importance of youth sports.
The continued support and involvement of Sports Council Members and Community Partners is essential to all our programs in promoting youth sports.
Do you know someone who deserves to be recognized for their personal achievements in sports?
Be part of the “VOICE FOR SPORTS” in our community…………NOMINATE today! Nomination forms and criteria for each award are available on the Brantford Sports Council
Nominations will be accepted until Sunday March 3, 2024 for the following awards:
- The Kevin Finney Memorial Award – Sportsmanship and Dedication
- The Phyllis Gretzky Memorial Award – Female Youth Leadership
- The Frank Bricker Memorial Award – Male Youth Leadership
- The Dave Levac Award – The Award of Excellence for Sports Officiating
- The John Macklin Memorial Award – Coach of the Year
- The George Churchill Memorial Award – Sports Volunteer of the Year
- The Jack Calbeck Memorial Award – Lifetime Sports Sponsorship
- The George Jones Memorial Award – Lifetime Sports Volunteerism
- The Jimmy Wilkes Memorial Award – Team of the Year
The Community Ambassador Award and the Frank Tomlin Memorial Award for Sportsperson of the Year will also be presented.
On behalf of the Brantford Sports Council Executive
W. R. (Bill) Harding, Chair