The 17th annual Sports Awards & Recognition Ceremonies is scheduled for Saturday March 11, 2023
at the Sanderson Centre for the Performing Arts from 11:00am to 1:00pm and will kick off the 3rd annual “Celebration of Youth Sports Week” that will run throughout the week ending on Saturday March 18.
The Awards recognize the outstanding achievements of local athletes, coaches, volunteers, teams, officials and sponsors who are actively involved in and support youth sports in our community.
NOMINATIONS FOR 2022
Nominations will be accepted for the following awards until February 10, 2023.
The following awards will be presented on March 11, 2023.
• The Kevin Finney Memorial Award – Sportsmanship and Dedication
• The Phyllis Gretzky Memorial Award – Female Youth Leadership
• The Frank Bricker Memorial Award – Male Youth Leadership
• The Dave Levac Award – The Award of Excellence for Sports Officiating
• The John Macklin Memorial Award – Coach of the Year
• The George Churchill Memorial Award – Sports Volunteer of the Year
• The Jack Calbeck Memorial Award – Lifetime Sports Sponsorship
• The George Jones Memorial Award – Lifetime Sports Volunteerism
• The Jimmy Wilkes Memorial Award – Team of the Year
Nomination forms and criteria for each of the above awards are available HERE
Additionally Rick Mannen and his committee will be selecting and announcing the 2022 Frank Tomlin Memorial Award for the Sportsperson of the Year.
Your continued support and participation as we move forward in 2023 is appreciated. Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions at email@example.com