WHO WE ARE – The Brantford Sports Council is a collaboration of sport organizations that work cooperatively to provide a collective voice for the ongoing development, education and promotion of the benefits of sport in our community.
OUR MISSION – The Brantford Sports Council works to build quality community sport, recreation and physical activity with our youth sports groups and other collaborative relationships.
- Promote the availability and benefit of sports.
- Advocate for equitable sport opportunities and youth engagement.
- Provide opportunities for integrated program development.
- Encourage communication and co-operation among individuals, organizations and sectors.
- Celebrate sport achievements and the value of volunteers.
- Identify alternative sources of funding in support of youth sport development.
- Provide oversight and assistance to the municipality on sport and tourism related issues.
- Work to maximize resources and eliminate duplications.