The Brantford Sports Council was established in March 2005, after an initiative by the Sport Alliance of Ontario to have community sports councils as representative bodies throughout the province. The purpose of the organization is to improve the delivery of sports in our community.
The Brantford Sports Council is a collaboration of sport organizations that work cooperatively to provide a collective voice for the ongoing education and promotion of the benefits of sport in our community.
To advocate for local sports organizations and to improve the delivery of sports in our community.
- Celebrate the sport achievements of local athletes, teams and the value of volunteers.
- Develop partnerships throughout the community that contribute to the betterment of sport and recreation in Brantford.
- Advocate for equitable sport opportunities and facility development.
- Provide opportunities for integrated program development.
- Work towards communication and co-operation among individuals, organizations and sectors.
- Develop opportunities for networking, mentoring and leadership development in the sport and recreation community.
- Work towards maximizing resources, while eliminating duplication.
- Continue to work with Tourism and Parks & Recreation on sports related issues.
- Undertake an ongoing review relating to municipal venues in conjunction with our members.
- Advocate for Fair Play and Sportsmanship in all sports.
Executive Committee & Staff:
Treasurer – Jim Turnbull
Director – Ron Birkett
Director – Chris Kartick
Director – Jason La Ronde
Director – Pat Shewchuk