The Brantford Sports Council was established in March 2005, after an initiative by the Sport Alliance of Ontario to have community sports councils as representative bodies throughout the province. The purpose of the organization is to improve the delivery of sports in our community.
Mission & Vision
Our objective as the Brantford Sports Council is to advocate for local sports organizations, and promote sport tourism in our community.
- Promote the availability and benefit of sports.
- Advocate for equitable sport opportunities and facility development.
- Provide opportunities for integrated program development.
- Work towards communication and co-operation among individuals, organizations and sectors.
- Identify alternative sources of funding.
- Celebrate sport achievements and the value of volunteers.
- Work toward maximizing resources, while eliminating duplication.
- Continue to work with Tourism and Parks & Recreation on sports related issues.
- Undertake an ongoing review relating to municipal venues in conjunction with our members.
Executive Committee & Staff:
Chair – Bill Harding
Treasurer – Jim Turnbull
Director – Ron Birkett
Director – John Bradford
Director – Jason La Ronde
Director – Pat Shewchuk